My Skill Set
I designed and synthesized 60 organic molecules including 13 water-soluble amino acid prodrugs to solve a major drug developability issue.
Process & Quality Control
I worked 4 years at Lafarge in the process and quality capacity using both statistical process control (SPC) and wet chemistry to achieve key process parameters.
At Lafarge, I worked with X-ray fluorescence spectrometer and X-ray diffractometer and troubleshot them as needed. I also have experience troubleshooting HPLC.
Data Analytics (Python)
I am interested in using Advanced data analytics and chemisty to understand and improve the process efficiency and capability of a product manufacturing line.
Soft Skills Demonstrated
Ownership & Teamwork
Willing to relocate
Email me via the contact page
Seeking a full time position
2019 – Current
Georgia State University.
- Teaching and presentation of basic facts of organic chemistry lab (45 sophomores)
- Administration of exams and managing students’ data using advanced statistical tools
- Mentored students on basic laboratory operations and administered data collection training
Aug 2014 – Current
Ph.D. Candidate – CHEMISTRY
Georgia State University.
- Operated a 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spec.
- Monitored the kinetics of chemical reactions using HPLC.
- Achieved structural elucidation of molecules using IR Spec.
- Designed and synthesized 60 novel analogs of natural product-derived organic molecules using various synthetic techniques.
- Designed and synthesized 13 Amino acids prodrugs of a novel organic molecule. The in-vitro release was also demonstrated.
- Achieved about 12,000 folds increase in solubility of a poorly soluble anti-cancer agent by prodrug strategy – this is a major drug developability issues especially if a drug must make through the FDA.
- Synthesized a novel molecule that induced apoptosis in a cancer cell by reactivation of p53 protein via the MDM2/MDM4 axis.
- Managed CHEMATIX (chemical management system) and safety
Jul 2010 – July 2014
Quality Assurance Technician
Lafarge Africa Plc.
- Maintained specification of raw materials using XRD and XRF.
- Start-off team member of an ISO compliant laboratory in a 2.2 million metric tonnes Lafarge Cement project (the Lakatabu Project – Ewekoro II Cement Plant), Nigeria.
- Managed routine sampling and conducted materials processing and wet chemistry to make a judgment on the quality.
- Conducted physical and chemical testing on new products for quality assurance.
- Contributed to new product developments.
- Conducts tests on raw materials throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as blaine specific surface area, lost on ignition (LOI), lime saturation factor (LSF).
- Worked within the ISO regulations and always in compliance for all laboratory testing.
- Achieved a 1.46 CK ratio (cement/clinker) through effective sampling, testing, and standardization.
- Contributed to plant-wide safety. Particularly, the usage of first aid kits and essential medical device.
- 5% increase in CSI over a period of 2 years of quality assurance.
- Zero LTI for 4 years of working in a high-risk environment.
- 7% reduction in DM (deficient material) production.
- Improved plant’s KPI through efficient quality and process control
2014 – 2019
Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry).
Georgia State University
Advanced Research Methods | Molecular Modelling | Mass Spectroscopy | Mechanistic Organic Synthesis | Bio-molecular Nuclear Magnetic Resonance | Medicinal Chemistry | Advanced Organic Synthesis | Nucleic Acid Synthesis and Drug Design | Protein Structures and Functions | Biochemistry | Special Topics in Organic Chemistry | Research Ethics |
2004 – 2008
Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), First Class Honors.
University of Lagos
Statistics | Linear Algebra and Coordinate Geometry | Calculus | Applied Spectroscopy | Natural Products Chemistry | Organic Synthesis | Chemistry of Bio-active Organic Compounds | Methods of Chemical Analysis | Organometallics | Chemical Thermodynamics | Chemical Kinetics | Biology | Applied physics | Applied Mathematics | Phylosophy | Use of English | Introduction to Computer Science | Information Processing Methods
2015 – 2018
Udemy E-Learning System
Python | Data Analytics | JMP | SQL
Areas of professional expertise
Advanced Organic Synthesis
NMR, HPLC, FT-IR, LC/MS
Quality Assurance and Control
Data Analytics (JMP,Python, SQL)
Statistical Process Control
Equipment Troubleshooting and Industrial Safety
Awards and Recognition
University of Lagos | Center for Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- CDT Research Fellowship: 2015 – 2018
- Best Student in Basic Organic Chemistry (2006)
- Best Student in Modern Physics (2006)
- Best Semester GPA at 300L (1st Semester) 2007
- University Scholar: University of Lagos (’05 – ’08)
Conferences and Meetings
America Chemical Society | Georgia Research Alliance
- Chemistry for New Frontiers – 2019
- Nexus of Food, Energy & Water -2018
- Meeting of Georgia Eminent Scholars – 2016
Postdoctoral Fellow / Georgia State University.
Abiodun is a great guy. I worked with him on two different projects; he is up for anything that will move the project forward. He has a very good working relationship with every lab member. I recommend him highly.
Abiodun is a versatile professional who has a passion for knowledge transfer within Chemistry and general knowledge. During my time with him as a student at the University of Lagos, I know him to be very diligent and result-oriented individual. He supported several students to achieve academic excellence while studying full-time. He facilitated a simple research method that improves undergraduate students interest in research. Abiodun is very detail oriented, a quick study, and an excellent collaborator. Abiodun possesses outstanding communication skills and a well-thought-out approach to problem-solving. He is a team player and can follow through to ensure assigned tasks get done with little or no supervision. He is a go-getter and I have witnessed his incredible accomplishments over the course of his studentship and career. I am confident that the skills he has developed will allow him to excel within any organization.
I am willing to relocate.
Tel : +404 702 6965